Wood Workers' Guild of GA Board of Directors Election
at November 13th Meeting
The following is a list of nominees for Board of Director positions that will be presented at the November 13th meeting for your consideration and voting. You will also find below, the Guild's process for elections and nominations from the floor. We look forward to seeing you on the 13th as we elect Board members for 2018, followed by Jim Milam on Resawing.
Nominees for the Board:
President: Gary Fader
VP/Secretary: John Jones
Treasurer: Art Sanders
Past President: John Nielsen
Programs Committee Chairman: Ken Gregg
Patron Sponsors: Tom Melcher
Membership: John Nielsen (if no nominees come forward)
Scholarship: Joe Rodriguez
Communications: John Jones
Community/ Charitable Projects:
Website II: Steven Sheppard
Wood Show: John Champion
• Election for 2018 Board of Directors (BOD) occurs at the November Guild Meeting. (10% Quorum)
• The new BOD assumes office at the end of the January Business Meeting.
• The following applies to any Member in good standing* (dues paid up)
May participate in the casting of votes, but must be present
May run for a Board position as a candidate
May nominate another Member in good standing (nominee must concur)
May make Motions or Second a Motion
*Guests, Visitors, or Members not in good standing (delinquent on dues) may not participate.
• Anyone listed as a candidate before the November meeting needs not be present for voting.
For nominations at the Nov. meeting, both the nominator and the nominee must be present.
Nominations at a meeting are a ‘Motion on the floor’ and have to be Seconded.
• The election process begins with a Motion to proceed and a Second.
If only one person running, they are the winner by default.
If multiple candidates, selection is by show of hands and the winner is the one receiving the most votes. (President/designee casts the tie-breaker vote.)
Voting continues until all positions are covered.
• After the voting is completed, the President/designee shall formally close the election process.
The election results shall be posted in the next Newsletter.